Saturday, June 5, 2010

Creativity Check


Here's what is happening with me right now creatively....


I am taking a third e-course from Susan Tuttle called digital layers. Susan designs amazing e-courses and I can't recommend her enough! You can find a link for her in my sidebar. Digital art is not my usual method of artistic expression. I have taken pictures since high school and love the world of photography. However, my usual art style is messy and hands-on. I love the stretch that Susan has given me and I find myself exploring new places!! TWO thumbs up! :)


Additionally, I am taking Kelly Rae Robert's e-course called Flying Lessons (find her badge on my side bar to link up). I wasn't so sure about this course content. Her topic is growing your creative business. However, after the first week, I can only say "WOW"!! Kelly has really created an amazing course! Her incredible connection and spirit are evident in everything she offers.


I just got back from a ten day trip to Paris, London and Italy. Another creative endeavour that was a feast for the eyes, mind and heart! I can't wait to post about it and show pictures!!


I wanted to leave you with this amazing quote I read on Sally Jean's facebook post today- it really spoke to my heart!!!


" After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security, and you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child, and you learn to build all roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans. After a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers, and you learn you really can endure... that you really are strong, and you really do have worth."

Veronica A. Shoffstall



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mit*Z's Mixed Media

Live As IF You're An Artist
create your life daily

Followers