Sunday, July 5, 2009

Worthy to Shine


I've been trying to teach myself how to paint portraits to incorporate into my collages with the help of a couple of artists. I was inspired by the new DJ Pettitt article in this month's Sommerset so I spent some studio time today trying to work it out. I've also been inspired by Pam Carriker and Kelly Rae Roberts' book Taking Flight (see my favorites for links). Here's what I came up with!! It was fun and challenging!! eNjoy my practicing :)!


I love the way the bird is whispering to her and I imagine he is telling her that she is the light and she is worthy to shine!!! Happy summer!!

2 comments:

  1. She does shine! I love the bird... he is right at her ear... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is lovely Mitzie! Such a soft lovely look. Thank you so much for mentioning me as an inspiration. It is very humbling and at the same time motivating. Your work has such a lovely soft touch to it.
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Mit*Z's Mixed Media

Live As IF You're An Artist
create your life daily

Followers